Monday, August 16, 2010

mains-optional papers

OPTIONAL IN GENERAL:






wel,this the scoring and dependable part of mains.it needs to be ur strength u can rely upon.here i feel following things are important:



-step 1: clarity of basics and concepts.this needs to be very vital to also understand the meaning of question and its demand.



-step2: interlinking of various concepts and sub-division of syllabus.this helps in having integrative idea of the subject and reflects in answers becoming more holistic.



-step3: subjects jargon-some technical,optional selective words need to be used in answers.



-step4:value addition:this very impotant to score well.currents related analysis in answer can really help here.





OPTIONAL:SOCIOLOGY

if u have it also as ur prelims optional,easier it will be to hav clarity of concepts.hence, the time after prelims can be directly used for interlinking and value addition exercise.



infact,any major national and international event has relevance for sociological analysis and can enrich answers.eg: khap panchayats can be incorporated answers on caste in india,changing patterns of marriage in india and also in relation to social change and democracy.



sociology should use their subject knowledge also in gs mains paper,essay and interview .view points of different thoughts of school, detailed analysis of indian social structure and balanced views on secularisation,fundamentalism, democracy can help immensely in enriching answers in other parts of mains too..

2 comments:

  1. i have begun my preparations for 2011 .... but i havent decided my 2nd optional subject(public administration is my first option)..........

    TIME IS RUNNING OUT ... and this has become a distraction ...

    i am a maths(hon.) graduate ... my command over english is not so good .. so should i go for a technical subject like geography or a more popular subject like sociology ..

    my email id is abhinav.47@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mam...loads of congratulations for ur outstanding feat!!!! and thnx a lot for sharing such valuable info with us.....actually I cud nt find ur guestbook on this blog...so pardon me if i am posting on a wrong page....

    I am writing mains this yr n I have a very specific query to which only u can answer...I mean to say I've Psycho and anthro as my optionals and just like urs these 2 exams are scheduled back to back (i.e. 10th n 11th nov) n i am quite skeptic that it would affect my performance esp on psycho which is on 11th nov....

    I guess u also must have gone thru that stress/anxiety as well...cud u kindly give me some piece of advice that wud help me hold my nerves during the exams...(dis is my 1st attempt so i've no idea of having ne previous experience)....

    Plz reply....i need ur help badly!!!!!

    ReplyDelete